Chicken and Cornbread Dressing. In a large skillet, saute celery and onions in butter until tender; stir in salt, sage, pepper and cayenne. Chicken and cornbread dressing in a casserole form and served with homemade gravy is pure comfort food anytime of the year. It's a perfect dish to carry to a potluck or church social too!
Next, crumble your cornbread into a large bowl. Add the celery, onions, and seasonings to the bowl. Progresso™ chicken broth provides a simple addition to this hearty dish that's baked using chicken, cornbread and white bread. You can have Chicken and Cornbread Dressing using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Cornbread Dressing
- It’s 4 box of Cornmuffin Mix.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion.
- You need 6 large of chicken thighs.
- You need 16 oz of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 of whole chicken.
- You need 1 can of cream of celery soup.
- It’s 1 can of cream of mushroom.
- Prepare 2 can of cream of chicken soup.
- You need of sage.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- Prepare of onion powder.
- You need of seasoned salt.
- It’s of paprika.
A classic casserole recipe that's perfect for your family dinner menu. Stir the onions and celery into the bread mixture. Blend with a potato masher until the mixture is the consistency of gelatin. Use more of the reserved broth as necessary to attain desired consistency.
Chicken and Cornbread Dressing instructions
- Make Cornmuffin mix according to the package. Make in the pan you will be using to bake your dressing in..
- While the cornbread is cooking, chop onions into dices. Put to the side..
- Take the cornbread out of the oven and let cool..
- In a separate pan add chicken stock. Next place whole chicken and arrange chicken thighs around it. Season top of chicken with season salt, onion powder, pepper, and paprika..
- Cover chicken with aluminum foil and place in the oven at 375°F..
- Cook chicken for 1 hour or until its halfway cooked. (The chicken will cook the rest of the way in the dressing to give it more flavor. ).
- Once the cornbread is cool, use your hands to break up the cornbread until its the texture of sand..
- LETS START MAKING THE DRESSING!!!.
- Add cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, onions and cream of celery to cornbread..
- Add all the drippings from the chicken pan and begin mixing. Continue to add chicken stock until the mixture is wet consistency..
- Next add sage, salt and pepper to taste. Taste as you add seasonings..
- Once mixture is to your liking. Arrange chicken in the dressing..
- Place dressing in the oven, uncovered, on 400°F until dressing is dry in the middle and is golden brown on top..
- Take out and let cool for 15 min. Enjoy!.
Stir in eggs and reserved chicken broth. The mixture should be very thin. In a large mixing bowl combine cornbread, chicken, sautéed veggies (with butter), chicken stock mixture and boiled eggs and mix well. Combine the crumbled cornbread and poultry season in a bowl. Add half of the cornbread mixture to the bottom of a greased baking dish.