Mammaw's Cornbread Dressin'. In a large bowl, combine the crumbled corn bread, onion, garlic, celery and eggs. Chop the cooked turkey giblets and the onion. Use this recipe to prepare if you wish.
Add salt, pepper, sugar, and sage. Toss until all the ingredients are mixed together well. MAMAWS CORNBREAD DRESSING Mamaw never really had a recipe for her dressing she just adds to taste. You can cook Mammaw's Cornbread Dressin' using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mammaw's Cornbread Dressin'
- You need 1 packages of Cornbread- prepared.
- You need 1 each of turkey giblets- prepared.
- You need 1 each of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground sage.
- It’s 1 tsp of sea salt- ground.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
The key to this is large broken peices of cornbread and Biscuits and not to make the dressing to. Combine the broth, celery, onion, and butter in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Add broth mixture to corn bread mixture, stirring well. Mix bread crumbs in large bowl, add sage and pepper.
Mammaw's Cornbread Dressin' instructions
- Bake package of cornbread according to package instructions..
- Crumble the cornbread finely..
- Chop the cooked turkey giblets and the onion. Use this recipe to prepare if you wish..
- Mix the giblets, onion, soups, and seasonings in a casserole dish with the cornbread..
- Bake at 350°F for 40 – 60 minutes until light golden brown. Stirring occasionally..
- Serve and enjoy!!.
Add onion and celery to crumbs; stir well. My grandmother's cornbread dressing is the best in the world. It is moist with a crusty edge. It is full of flavors of chicken and sage, and everything else yummy that reminds me of the holidays. She's been gone for many years now, but my Aunt Sissy was given the recipe, so she made it for years.