You can have Mexican Pie using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Pie
- You need 500 g of Beef Mince.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
- It’s 2 of peppers.
- Prepare 2 of chillis.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- It’s 2 of crushed garlic cloves.
- Prepare of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s of Coriander seasoning.
- Prepare 4 of wraps.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of tomato puree.
- It’s 1 of run of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of Philadelphia.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of Crushed doritos.
- You need of Mozzarella cheese.
Mexican Pie step by step
- Fry off mince meat then add peppers, chilli and onion.
- Add tomato purée and tin of chopped tomatoes, Cajun and coriander.
- Bring to the boil until the liquid is disolved.
- Place mixture into the oven for 1 hour until the meat/ mixture is dried out.
- In a blender, blend Philadelphia and unsalted butter until smooth and then place to one side.
- Add 2 wraps to the bottom of a circular oven proof dish.
- Add a layer of the Philadelphia and butter mixture, a layer of the mince meat mixture, mozzarella and crushed Doritos. Repeat until everything is used up..
- Place in the oven for a further 30 minutes on 180 degrees and serve..