South African Indian Crab Curry. Crab Curry is one of the seafood delicacies which we enjoy at restaurants. Even though everyone falls in love with the taste of the crab, they often shy. Put the crab back in crab curry with this Indian recipe that makes the crab the focus, served with boiled rice or jeera rice.
To lighten the dish, reduce the amount of water. South African Crab Curry Recipe – EatMee Recipes Подробнее. How To Make Easy Crab Curry / Njandu Curry Подробнее. You can cook South African Indian Crab Curry using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of South African Indian Crab Curry
- It’s 2 of onion, chopped fine.
- Prepare 3 kg of orange crabs cleaned and chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ginger and garlic grated.
- Prepare 1 of curry leaves.
- It’s 5 of green chillies.
- Prepare 10 of jam (rosa) tomatoes.
- You need 4 tsp of curry powder.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 tsp of salt to start. add more after tasting.
- You need 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of tamarind water.
Food Mela : Hot Durban Seafood Curries Подробнее. Add crabs when tomato starts melting and mix till masala coats well and the colour changes to slight pink. Add the tamarind extract and coconut paste with water (adjust according to Then add few curry leaves before removing from stove and close the lid to enhance the taste. Allow it to rest for some time.
South African Indian Crab Curry step by step
- In a large pot heat oil and brown onions..
- Add green chillies, curry leaves, ginger and garlic.
- Place in all the crab lower to medium heat, replace the lid and simmer for 10 minutes..
- Next add in all spices, mix and cook for a further 3-4 minutes..
- Liquidise the tomatoes and and add to the pot. Add salt to taste as well as brown sugar to cut acidity.
- Mix through, replace the lid and simmer for a further 10 minutes..
- Next, remove the lid, increase the heat to remove excess water from the tomatoes and thicken the gravy..
- Pour in the tamarind water and bring to the boil to finish..
- Remove from heat and leave to stand. The gravy will thicken on standing..
- Serve hot with basmati rice!.
How to Make South Indian Crab Curry. Heat oil in a pan, fry the crab until it turns red. Grind coconut, green chilli, tomato, aniseed, ginger, garlic Presenting to you the most popular Indian food website that has a huge collection of Vegetarian and Non-vegetarian recipes from India and around the world. African curries, Cape Malay curries and Natal curries include the traditional Natal Continental and British recipes have also evolved alongside Indian South African curries. Often coconut cream is added to seafood curries, such as prawn, crab or fish curries.