Vickys Homemade Onion Pilau Rice, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Homemade Onion Pilau Rice, GF DF EF SF NF using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Homemade Onion Pilau Rice, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 5 of cardamom pods, cracked (just put a bit of pressure on them).
- You need 1 of small cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 of chopped onion.
- You need 200 g (1 cup) of dry basmati / long grain rice.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 480 ml (2 cups) of vegetable stock.
Vickys Homemade Onion Pilau Rice, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Pour the oil into a pan and heat over medium – high.
- Add the cumin seeds, turmeric, cardamom pods and cinnamon stick and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and fry a further minute, always stirring.
- Add the rice and stir until well coated in the oil and spice mixture.
- Now add the hot stock and bay leaves. Bring to the boil then turn down to the lowest heat setting and put a lid on the pan.
- Let it simmer gently, covered for 25 minutes, undisturbed.
- Then remove from the heat, fluff up with a fork then replace the pan lid and let the rice sit for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon stick, bay leaves and cardamom pods before serving.