You can have Shepherds Pie using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherds Pie
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of 85% ground beef.
- It’s 2 can of 10 count each of buttermilk biscuits.
- You need 1 of 10 oz bag of frozen veggies ( I used broccoli,carrot and cauliflower mix) thawed, drained and coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 2 cup of Beef gravy.
- You need 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 3 cup of prepared mashed potatoes.
Shepherds Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Begin to brown ground beef..
- You will need 2 pie plates. In each pie plate press a tube of biscuits on bottom and up the sides. Make sure to press seams together well. Bake both biscuit covered pie plates in the oven for only 5 minutes..
- Drain ground beef. Remove pie plates and increase heat to 375..
- In a large pan add ground beef, Worcestershire, thawed out veggies,beef gravy,onion powder, salt and pepper..
- Simmer mixture for 10 minutes and add mixture into pie plates. You will have roughly 2 cups for each pie plate..
- Add 1 1/2 cups to each pie plate of the prepared mashed potatoes.Spread the potatoes over the meat mixture evenly..
- Place both pies on a heavy cookie sheet and bake for 35-40 min or until potatoes on top are golden brown..