Steak & Ale Puff Pie.
You can cook Steak & Ale Puff Pie using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steak & Ale Puff Pie
- You need 500 g of lean braising steak.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 1/2 of leek.
- It’s 2 sticks of celery.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of small punnet button mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 tbspn of plain flour.
- It’s 250 ml of dark ale (use more if needed).
- You need of Drizzle balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of tspn mustard.
- Prepare Squeeze of tomato purée.
- You need Squeeze of honey.
- You need of Black pepper and salt.
- It’s 2 tbspn of oil.
- Prepare Splash of water.
- It’s of Puff pastry.
- It’s of Egg wash.
Steak & Ale Puff Pie step by step
- Start off by coating the steak in flour and fry the steak in oil till browned (don’t cook it). Then remove into a bowl and fry all veggies in more oil – chop small. Then re add steak and then add balsamic, mustard and tomato purée. Give everything a good stir then add ale and honey and season. Pop lid on and cook slowly in warm oven 160 (fan) for 2 hours – stirring couple of times in between. Add splash of water or more ale to the pie if it needs it. Should be nice and thick and ready to eat..
- Transfer to pie dishes if you need to. Then egg wash the rim and stick pastry round edge of dish and then egg wash the pastry before adding a lid. I cut a pattern in mine but you don’t need to as long as there’s a little hole at the top of the pastry. Egg wash again. Cook for half hour or so till bubbling and hot on 180 (fan)..