Steak pie with memories (Auntie Wins Pie).
You can have Steak pie with memories (Auntie Wins Pie) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steak pie with memories (Auntie Wins Pie)
- Prepare 225 g of plain flour (for the pastry).
- Prepare 100 g of cold butter cut into cubes (for the pastry).
- It’s Pinch of salt and a couple of tablespoons of water (for the pastry).
- You need 250 g of diced stewing beef.
- You need Handful of frozen peas (optional).
- It’s Handful of frozen carrots (optional).
- You need 1 litre of stock made up using a stock cube.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
Steak pie with memories (Auntie Wins Pie) instructions
- In a frying pan heat a little oil and seal the beef.In a bowl add your plain flour,salt and cold butter and mix with your fingers until you get the consistency of breadcrumbs.Add the water in gently and mix together until it forms into the shape of a ball.Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and kneed briefly and set to one side..
- Now with the beef that you have sealed,place into your bubbling beef stock and cook gently until the beef is tender.(for this recipe I like to slow cook the beef in the stock until reduced for a few hours) but the choice is yours.If you want to slow cook your beef filling first,make your pastry at a later stage..
- Once the filling has been made and cooling slightly you can start with the pastry.Heat your oven to 180 degrees,Butter your pie tin and roll out half of your pastry.Turn your pastry as your rolling,so it forms a kind of round base for your pie.Fill your tin with the pastry base and push in gently to all the sides.Blind bake in the oven using ceramic beans to protect the base of your pastry for about 15 minutes..
- In the meantime roll out your pastry lid in the same manner as your base.Once the base has been blind baked remove your ceramic beans from the pie tin and fill with your beef filling.Place your pastry lid on top,fit and crimp your edges and use an egg wash glaze to brush over your pie..
- Cook in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the Pie is golden. All the best and enjoy 😉.