Sweet potato cottage pie with 7 veggies.
You can cook Sweet potato cottage pie with 7 veggies using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet potato cottage pie with 7 veggies
- You need 800 g of lean beef mince.
- It’s 3 of onions.
- You need of Diced garlic.
- You need 3 of carrots.
- You need 1 of courgette.
- It’s 1 of leek.
- You need 100 g of tomato purée (approx half a tube).
- You need 6 of sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 3/4 of white potatoes.
- You need of Cheddar cheese for sprinkling over the top.
- You need 2 of Beef stock cubes.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- Prepare of Cornflour.
- You need Squeeze of honey (just because I’m obsessed).
- You need of Black pepper.
- It’s of Butter & milk for mash.
Sweet potato cottage pie with 7 veggies instructions
- Peel and cut all potatoes into cubes and cover in water. Boil and simmer till soft. Meanwhile, Fry onions and mince until golden brown. Then add all the veggies, tomatoes purée and beef stock cubes. Mix the flour into a small bit of water slowly to make a paste, then add the rest of the water. Make sure everything is now together except the potatoes..
- Ladle into oven proof dish, and set aside. Mash potatoes together with a knob of butter and a dash of milk until soft smooth mash. Layer over the top then sprinkle with mash. I cook mine in a warm oven (180 fan for approx 25/30 mins until bubbling)..