Fried chorizo and cabbage. Gently fry the chorizo and garlic in a healthy dose of olive oil, enough to coat the cabbage. Cook until the chorizo begins to release its fat and colours the oil. This quick and easy cabbage is pan fried with sweet red onion, smokey Spanish chorizo and tangy apple cider vinegar.
Spicy chorizo paired with creamy cabbage? Spicy chorizo paired with creamy cabbage? This tasty and low-carb combination of the two is topped off with a lemony gremolata for a kiss of citrus flavor. You can have Fried chorizo and cabbage using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried chorizo and cabbage
- Prepare 1 large of onion (chopped or sliced).
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove (finely chopped).
- You need 250 grams of cabbage (I used British savoy).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of hot chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 50 grams of chorizo.
- Prepare 1 of chicken oxo cube.
- You need 50 ml of hot boiling water.
- It’s 25 ml of white wine.
Fry the chorizo in butter in a skillet over medium heat. Put the chorizo, onion and potatoes in a large non-stick pan. This fried cabbage is delicious and super easy to make with a few ingredients. I used to hate cabbage until I tried fried cabbage a few years ago and I really enjoy it now.
Fried chorizo and cabbage instructions
- heat the olive oil in a large pan or wok..
- add the onion and garlic and fry for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned..
- reduce the heat to medium and add the cabbage. I also added extra olive oil here.
- season with salt, black pepper and hot chilli powder..
- add the chorizo.
- fry for 10-15 minute or until its cooked, stirring often.
- Heat the water and dissolve the cube..
- add the water and wine to cabbage and cook for a further 5 or so minutes.
- leave to rest for a few minutes and serve..
I made it last weekend for a St. Paddy's day potluck and there were no leftovers, which. Fry for three to five minutes, until the chorizo begins to release its oil, then scoop the chorizo and garlic into separate bowls, leaving the oil in the pan. Spicy chorizo sausage gives this hearty stew a warming kick. Fried cabbage is easy, and it's one the first sides to go on the table.