Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Baked Steaks in Mushroom Gravy recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Baked Steaks in Mushroom Gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Steaks in Mushroom Gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Coconut Oil Is Actually A Fantastic Product And Can In Addition Be Advantageous For Your Health.
Coconut oil is going to be one thing which can actually help individuals live a longer and healthier life and something you ought to begin using today. Something else I would like to point out concerning this product is that there are plenty of different benefits available from it. You should also be aware that coconut oil is not just something you can use inside your body to be healthy but also something you are able to use externally. Coconut oil is a lot more beneficial than other oils you are able to purchase and in this post we will be telling you why.
I’m sure you’ve never given consideration to opening up a bottle of vegetable oil and rubbing it on your skin and hair, but if you do this with coconut oil it can provide you with a lot of benefits. For men and women who end up suffering from different sorts of rashes you may want to consider rubbing coconut oil on your skin as this can help you heal the rash. There are other benefits of using this on your skin such as the fact that it can present you with a younger look and it is also loaded with antioxidants that can be absorbed in the skin.
One more thing I would like to point out is that there’ve actually been research performed which show that coconut oil may have anti bacterial an antiviral effects on the body. One of the best things you are going to be able to do for your body is to begin using coconut oil instead of the other oils that you may possibly be using at this current time. Something you might or may not realize is that within an extremely short time period there are going to be vitamin supplement companies marketing the use of coconut oil supplements, but you can get the jump on this.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to baked steaks in mushroom gravy recipe. You can have baked steaks in mushroom gravy using 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Baked Steaks in Mushroom Gravy:
- Provide 6 of cubed steaks (or thin beef steaks tenderized with meat hammer).
- Prepare 1-2 cups of Flour for dusting, or as needed.
- You need of Vegetable or Canola Oil for frying (have at least 1/2 cup).
- Get 1 pack of fresh mushrooms, sliced.
- Use 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour for the gravy.
- You need to taste of Salt & pepper.
- Get 4-6 cups of water.
Steps to make Baked Steaks in Mushroom Gravy:
- Pour out some white or wheat flour in a dish and flour each cubed steak..
- In a large frying pan, add enough oil to fill up to about 1/4 inch (6-7 mm). Heat oil and fry steaks until brown on one side….
- Then flip and brown on the other side..
- Remove steaks from oil (do not discard oil!) and place in an oven-safe dish or crock pot/slow cooker. If you'll be cooking them on the stove top, set aside on a plate for now..
- Drain most of the oil from the frying pan into a separate cup or bowl, but leave enough to saute mushrooms. Saute mushrooms for a few minutes until they are softened..
- Transfer mushrooms from frying pan into the oven dish or crock pot (set aside with steaks if cooking on stove top).
- Pour in enough of the oil left over from cooking so you have about 1/8 inch (3 mm).
- Add 5-6 Tbsp white flour to pan, along with a few sprinkles of salt and pepper..
- Whisk in and cook on medium until it starts to slightly brown..
- Add 4 cups water and bring to a full boil. It should start to thicken a little but it'll still be runny. My mom ended up adding another 1-2 cups after that for a total of 5-6 cups. Let simmer for around 5-10 minutes..
- Pour the gravy into the slow-cooker/crock pot or your oven dish. If using the stove-top, just add the steaks and mushrooms back into the gravy..
- FOR CROCK-POT/SLOW COOKER: Cover with lid and cook on high for 2-3 hours..
- FOR OVEN: Preheat to 350°F/180°C. Cover oven dish with lid (or foil) and bake for about 2 hours (could be a little more or less,so check for tenderness periodically!).
- FOR STOVE TOP: Simmer on low until steaks are tender. Keep an eye on it after an hour or so, to make sure that not too much of the water evaporates and that they don't get tough..
- We cooked it in a slow cooker for about 3 hours, and this is what it looks like! Taste the gravy and add more salt and pepper if needed..
- This dish never goes without serving with mashed potatoes! Pour some mushroom gravy over both the potatoes and the steak, serve and enjoy!.
If you find this Baked Steaks in Mushroom Gravy recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.