British Chicken Tikka Masala.
You can cook British Chicken Tikka Masala using 27 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of British Chicken Tikka Masala
- You need 350 g of Chicken Meat (cut into chunks).
- You need of [Curry Paste] – ground well.
- It’s 20 g of Garlic.
- You need 20 g of Ginger.
- It’s 70 g of Onions.
- It’s 40 g of Red Chillies (deseed).
- It’s of [Marinade] – mix well.
- It’s 1/2 of amount Curry Paste (see above).
- It’s 70 g (1/4 cup) of Yogurt.
- Prepare 2 of or more pinches Salt.
- It’s of [Spice Mix] – mix well.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black Pepper Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Paprika Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cayenne Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Nutmeg Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Ground Cardamom.
- Prepare of [Sauce].
- Prepare 150 g of Tomatoes (diced or crushed).
- Prepare 1/2 of amount Curry Paste (see above).
- You need 2 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Water or Stock.
- It’s 3 tsp of Sugar.
- You need as needed of Salt.
British Chicken Tikka Masala instructions
- MARINADE: marinate the chicken with the 1/2 amount of the Curry Paste, Salt and Yogurt for 30 minutes or 3 hours..
- GRILL: when ready, grill the Chicken until they are cooked and set aside..
- SAUCE: in a pot or wok heat Cooking Oil and Butter until hot. Sauté the remaining Curry Paste until fragrant. Add the Mix Spices, mixing well. Then add the Tomatoes, Water/Stock, Sugar and Salt. Cover with a lid and cook until the Tomatoes have disintegrated. Remember to stir the bottom occasionally..
- ASSEMBLY: when the Tomatoes have disintegrated, add the Chicken and Cream and cover with a lid. Cook until the sauce thickens, remembering to stir every 3-4 minutes. Garnish with Fresh Coriander. Serve with Rice or Naan..