Australian Lamingtons !!.
You can have Australian Lamingtons !! using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Australian Lamingtons !!
- It’s of CAKE BASE.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of selfraising flour – sifted ..
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cornflour – sifted ..
- Prepare 185 grams of – butter . softened.
- Prepare 1 cup of caster sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 3 of eggs ..
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare of CHOCOLATE SAUCE ICING.
- It’s 4 cup of – icing sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of cocoa – extra can be added if taste desires ..
- It’s 30 grams of – butter.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of milk ..
- Prepare of TOP COAT.
- It’s 3 cup of shredded coconut ..
Australian Lamingtons !! step by step
- CAKE BASE : Preheat oven to 180'C / 360°F . Brush a shallow 23cm square cake tin with melted butter or oil and line base and sides of tin (slice tin) with baking paper ..
- Place sifted flour and cornflour into a large bowl and add the butter , sugar , vanilla essence , lightly beaten eggs and the milk and using an electric mixer , beat on low speed for one minute or until all ingredients are just moist then beat on high for 3 – 5 minutes until mixture is free from lumps , smooth and increased in volume ..
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and smooth the surface then bake for approximately 55 minutes or until skewer come out clean when inserted into the centre of cake . Let cooked cake stand in the tin for about 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack . let cake cool completely ..
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE TOPPING : Sift icing sugar and cocoa combine with butter and milk in a medium heatproof bowl and stir over a pan of hot water ( double boiler ) and stir until icing is smooth and glossy ..
- COATING THE CAKES : Trim and level brown top and sides from the cake leaving it a bare even cake . Cut cake into even square individual pieces ..
- Using 2 forks , to hold one cake square , roll cake piece into chocolate icing mix , making sure to coat the cake in chocolate all over , then holding it over the icing bowl to allow excess to drain off . now roll chocolate coated cake squares into the tray of coconut and roll around to coat all over the chocolate , then place on a wise rack to set properly and repeat with all remaining cake squares . add extra coconut for rolling in if needed . serve and enjoy . 🙂 ..
- HINT : 1. Cake is easier to handle if made the day before cutting and coating ..
- 2 . You can use a premade sponge or butter cake to cut and coat ..
- 3 . They can be filled with jam and or cream before coating ..