You can cook Stuffed Peppers using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Peppers
- Prepare 2 of bell peppers.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of colby jack cheese.
- It’s 1/8 cup of tomato.
- You need 1/8 cup of mushroom.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of onion.
- It’s 1 oz of jalepeño.
- You need 1 tbsp of peanut oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/8 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s pinch of salt.
Stuffed Peppers instructions
- Bring pot of water to a rolling boil. Pre-heat oven to 350°F..
- Wash peppers, cut off tops, and carefully core to remove all white parts and seeds. Set aside..
- Add rice to water, and let boil for 10-15 minutes until soft..
- Heat frying pan, add oil, tomato, jalepeño, onion, and mushroom. Sautée for 4-5 minutes..
- Drain remaining water from rice, if any, and add to frying pan. Add basil, thyme, ground black pepper, and salt. Stir together and cook for 2-3 minutes..
- Remove rice from heat, add cheese, and stir. Evenly split better peppers and pack full..
- Place peppers on lined baking sheet, replace top onto pepper, and cook in oven for 15-20 minutes..