Classic Italian Meatballs.
You can have Classic Italian Meatballs using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Classic Italian Meatballs
- It’s 8 oz of ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 of tomato.
- It’s 1 slice of onion.
- You need 1/2 of portabella mushroom.
- It’s 1 tsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of thyme.
- You need pinch of ground black pepper.
- You need pinch of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 10 of cilantro.
Classic Italian Meatballs step by step
- First off, i recommend using a ripe, soft, large tomato. Cut in half, skin 1/2, and mash. Cut 1 slice of onion, remove core, and mince. Wash portabella mushroom, cut in half, and take 1/2 and mince. Take 5 cilantro leaves and shred..
- Place 1/8 cup water in small sauce pan, and bring to boil. Add tomato, mushroom, half the minced onion, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Reduce to simmer, cover, and let reduce for 25 minutes..
- Combine ground beef, 1/2 the minced onion, basil, thyme, shredded cilantro, and parmesan cheese. Mix, and roll into 3 evenly sized spheres..
- Place meatballs into frying pan, cook covered on low heat until internal temperature reaches 155°F..
- When tomato sauce is broken down, drain excess liquid, and pour sauce in bottom of bowl. Remove meatballs, place on sauce, and garnish with the last 5 cilantro leaves..