Grilled Romaine Antipasto Salad.
You can cook Grilled Romaine Antipasto Salad using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled Romaine Antipasto Salad
- It’s 2 of heads of romaine lettece.
- You need 1 of fresh beefsteak tomato, cut in wedges.
- Prepare 8 of slices of salami.
- It’s 14 of slices pepperoni.
- You need 12 of small fresh mozzarella balls.
- It’s 1/4 cup of shaved Provolone cheese.
- Prepare 16 of black olives.
- You need 16 of marinade artichoke halves.
- It’s 1/4 of thin sliced red onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of roasted red peppers, cut in strips.
- You need of BASTING SAUCE AND DRESSING.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1 of garlic clove, minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of romano cheese, grated.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper, and salt to taste.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 2 tbsp of mixed chopped fresh herbs. I used a combination of basil, chives and parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of hot sauce, such as Frank's brand.
- It’s of ACCOMPANIMENTS.
- You need 8 oz of grilled Ahi tuna.
Grilled Romaine Antipasto Salad instructions
- Trim off dark outer leaves of romaine, cut each head in half lengthwise and trim stem to clean it up.
- Wisk all Basting and Dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- Brush romaine with dressing on all sides.
- Grill over direct heat, turning and basting once . It will take only 1 to 2 minutes on each side to get a charred look but still be crisp. Arrange either one or two hearts on a plate and divide remaining ingredients evenly between plates. Slice tuna and also divide evenly. Serve with remaining dressing for adding individually.
- Note, I seared the tuna with the romaine on the grill. I first brushed it with my spicy ranch dressing recipe attached below then seasoned it with cracked black pepper and cooked it about 2 to 4 minutes on each side depending on the thickness of the fish for rare https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/353091-spicy-ranch-dipdressing.