Sweet Potato Peanut Bisque.
You can have Sweet Potato Peanut Bisque using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Peanut Bisque
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger, minced.
- Prepare 2 of green chili peppers, minced (Use what you like here according to taste.. the green chili peppers definitely have a kick. Jalapeño is less spicy, or you may wish to cut down or remove altogether.).
- You need 1/2 tsp of allspice.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of tomato juice or vegetable juice blend.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of vegetable broth.
- You need 1/4 cup of natural peanut butter.
- Prepare 2 of sweet potatoes.
Sweet Potato Peanut Bisque step by step
- Prick sweet potatoes in several places with a fork. Microwave on High until just cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool. When cooled, peel, and cut into bite sized pieces. To save time, you can also pick up sweet potatoes already peeled and cut into chunks at many local grocery stores..
- Heat olive oil, add onion and cook, stirring, until it just begins to brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 more minute. Stir in green chilis, ginger, tomato juice, and allspice. Adjust the heat so the mixture boils gently; cook for 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile, blend half of the sweet potato chunks, the peanut butter, and the vegetable broth in a food processor, or use a hand blender to puree those ingredients together..
- Add the rest of the sweet potato chunks to the pot, cook another minute, and then add the puree mixture..
- Let it gently simmer another few minutes so all the flavors blend together. If desired, I like to chop up some peanuts and/or cilantro to top it off!.