Samp and beans with beef and veggies.
You can cook Samp and beans with beef and veggies using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Samp and beans with beef and veggies
- It’s 1 cup of suger beans.
- It’s 1 cup of samp.
- It’s 1 of salt to season.
- You need 2 kg of beef.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of onions.
- It’s 1/3 of green pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 4 of beef stock cubes.
- Prepare 1 of potatoe.
- It’s 1 cup of veggies (carrot, green beans, broccoli, baby marrow).
- It’s 1 of squash – yellow button.
Samp and beans with beef and veggies instructions
- Cook samp and beans separately for 5 hours. Add just a pinch of salt as you will still add spices to this dish..
- Soak beans and samp in separate bowls of water, overnight..
- Cut beef into bite size portions and boil with a pinch of salt for at least 45 minutes..
- In a separate pot, heat the oil. While waiting for the oil to heat, chop onions, pepper and squash into small pieces. potatoe into small sizable cubes..
- Add all ingredients mentioned in step number 4. Soutè until almost golden brown. Remove meat from boiling pot and add it to this pot. Do not transfer stock..
- Add corriandor, cinnamon and 2 beef stock cubes and cover the pot, simmer on an avarage heat. Stir occasionally..
- Once meat is completely tender, add veggies cut into chunks and simmer until veggies are cooked..
- Mix your samp and beans together, add 2 beef stock cubes and continue to boil for at least 20 minutes. Water shoulder be just below samp at this point hence we need to have gravy in the samp..
- Add beef mixture into the samp and stir until all well combined..