Lamb Shepherds Pie.
You can have Lamb Shepherds Pie using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lamb Shepherds Pie
- You need 450 grams of Lean Mince Lamb.
- You need 2 large of Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 medium of White Onion.
- It’s 2 medium of Carrots.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Frozen Peas.
- It’s 1 of Glass of Red Wine.
- Prepare 1 of Lamb Stock Cube.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dried or Fresh Rosemary.
- You need 1 of Salt and Pepper (to season).
- It’s 100 grams of butter.
Lamb Shepherds Pie step by step
- Mash: Peel and Cut Potatoes into small chunks and boil in salted water for 30 mins or until soft. Drain and mash with a knob of butter, season to taste with salt and pepper. This can be done in advance and left to go cold..
- Heat 2 knobs of butter gently in a frying pan. Dice the Onion and Carrot and add to the pan. Add finely chopped Rosemary and season with salt and pepper. Cook gently for 10 minutes, don't burn..
- Once soft, remove onion and carrot from pan and place into a cooking bowl (used to build and cook the pie later)..
- Use the same pan (don't clean), turn the heat to high and fry the Lamb in small batches. Don't add any oil. This should only take 20-30 seconds per batch. Drain off excess fat if necessary. Add cooked Lamb to bowl with onions and carrots..
- Use the same pan (don't clean), leave on a high heat and add the Red Wine. Allow to boil and reduce – add Lamb stock cube to thicken. You can also use gravy granules to thicken if desired. Once reduced and thickened to a 'gravy' add to cooking bowl with lamb, carrots and onions. Mix in the frozen peas..
- Cover the pie with mash potato and sprinkle Paprika on top. The pie can now be left to cook later (up to 2 days). Cook at 190°C for 35-40 minutes in the center of a preheated oven..