Umm Ali – Egyptian Pastry Pudding.
You can cook Umm Ali – Egyptian Pastry Pudding using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Umm Ali – Egyptian Pastry Pudding
- You need 8-10 of Puff Pastry sheets.
- You need 4-5 cups of full fat Milk.
- Prepare 1 tin of Nestle Condensed Milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Golden Raisins.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Almonds slivered.
- You need 1/4 cup of Pistachios slivered.
- It’s 200 ml of Fresh Cream.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla essence.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon powder.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Granulated Sugar.
Umm Ali – Egyptian Pastry Pudding instructions
- Boil milk and allow it to simmer for about 5 minutes on a low flame. Set aside for cooling. Preheat the oven to 180°..
- In a rectangular baking dish, arrange the puff pastry sheets torn into pieces. After the milk has cooled down, add the vanilla essence and the condensed milk to it. Mix well and pour it on the pastry sheets..
- Sprinkle the slivered nuts on top. Pour the fresh cream also. Mix well and sprinkle some Cinnamon powder and granulated sugar on top. Bake in a preheated oven on 180° for about 25 minutes or more until a golden crust is seen on top..
- The top gets a perfect brown colour due to the caramelisation of the sugar and looks too tempting. Best served warm. However it can be served chilled also. Enjoy!.
- Enjoy it either warm or chilled. This exclusive dessert is an excellent choice for a lovely wholesome dessert idea..