You can cook Indo-Egyptian Koshari using 29 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indo-Egyptian Koshari
- Prepare For of lentil rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of basmati rice.
- You need 1/2 cup of green tur seeds.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of butter.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of chilli flakes.
- It’s For of tangy spicy Punjabi chole-.
- It’s 1 cup of soaked white chole.
- It’s 2 of tomato pureed.
- Prepare 2 of onion paste.
- It’s 8-10 of garlic paste.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Cashew paste.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of asafoetida.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chole masala.
- Prepare 1.5 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1.5 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of amchoor powder.
- You need 3 tablespoons of oil.
- You need as required of Water.
- Prepare For of cheese macaroni-.
- You need 1 packet of readymade cheese macaroni.
- It’s For of Extra ingredients-.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fried onions.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped spring onions.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of grated cheese.
Indo-Egyptian Koshari instructions
- For making lentil rice add in salt and water as required to soaked rice. Cook well as we do for jeera rice. Rice should be non stick and separate. In a separate pan add in water and salt and green toor and cook it. Heat up a non stick pan.addin butter and chilli flakes. Now add rice and toor. Mix well to make lentil rice..
- Cook chhole in pressure cooker with required salt. In a pan heat oil. Add cumin and asafoetida. Add in garlic paste and onion puree. Saute until golden brown. Now add tomato puree. Saute until the oil separates. Now add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and required salt. Mix well. Add kaju paste and saute for 1 minute. Add chhole masala and 1.5 cups water. Bring to boil and add chhole and amchur powder. Simmer for 4-5 minutes. Tangy spicy chhole is ready..
- Take cheese macaroni and cook as per instructions. According to my packet I have taken 250 ml water. And added all pasta and masala into it and have boiled it for 5 mins..
- Take a serving plate. Take a large portion of lentil rice and make a well in between. Add in some macaroni and pour some tangy spicy chhole over it. Add some simple chhole on boundary..
- Add some grated cheese and some more chhole. Garnish with spring onions and deep fried onions..
- Drizzle some lemon juice and Serve immediately..