Robin's Cornbread. My first attempt at cornbread from scratch and it turned out very moist and delicious. Some people use buttermilk or other ingredients but I used what I had on hand. To make a smaller amount (bread pan loaf) cut ingredients in half.
The sweetness goes perfectly with a spicy chili or red beans and rice. ~Robin's Corn Bread ~ Pour cornbread mix over ham and onion and mix them all together in the pan. Remove from oven, sprinkle cheese oven the top and return to oven. Southern Cornbread Recipe Southern Recipes Southern Food Cornbread Muffins Gluten Free Recipes Fries Healthy Lifestyle Food And Drink Cooking Recipes Directions Prepare cornbread according to package directions; add green chiles and pimento to the mix. You can cook Robin's Cornbread using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Robin's Cornbread
- You need 2.5 cup of Fine Corn Meal.
- You need 2 cup of Plain Flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 cup of Whole Milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of Butter.
- It’s 2 of Egg.
I reduced the sugar a little, but think it would be fine for the full amount if you like your cornbread a little sweet. In my opinion, the ONLY way to cook cornbread is in a preheated cast iron skillet. Well, needles to say, you'd sure be hard pressed to come up with a better cornbread recipe. Cornbread contains many great elements like magnesium, calcium, iron, folate… the list goes on.
Robin's Cornbread step by step
- Add the butter to a large bowl and melt in the microwave for about 45-60 seconds..
- To the large bowl, whisk in the milk and egg..
- To the wet ingredients, add the corn meal, flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and stir together until fully combined..
- Grease a bread pan/baking dish with butter or use parchment paper. Pour the corn bread mixture into the bread pan/baking dish and spread evenly..
- Bake at 400°F/180°C fan for 25-30 minutes depending on the type of pan. Stick a toothpick in the center to make sure it's thoroughly cooked. It's finished if the toothpick is clean..
A newer field of inquiry concerns antioxidants, chemicals that protect cells against damage by oxidation. The first time my sister (Honey Jeanne) said she was bringing this for me to try, I grimaced. The ONLY way to eat "cornbread" is hot out of the oven, SLATHERED in butter, right? Well, she proved me wrong from the. When we first got married, I started making cornbread with her alterations to my old go-to recipe—orange juice instead of milk and a little vanilla.