You can cook Butternut-squash Risotto using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butternut-squash Risotto
- Prepare of Small Onion, finely chopped.
- You need of Celery, finely chopped.
- Prepare of Butternut Squash, finely diced.
- You need of Garlic, minced.
- You need of Arborio Rice.
- It’s of White Wine (I used New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc), stay away from Chardonnay for this one!.
- You need of Chicken Stock.
- You need of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Fresh Sage, chopped.
- It’s of Fresh Parmiggiano Reggiano, grated (1 1/2 cups).
- Prepare of Butter.
Butternut-squash Risotto instructions
- Preheat a saucepan over medium heat and cook the onion, butternut squash, garlic and the celery with the olive oil for about 5 to 7 minutes, meanwhile bring the broth to a simmer but do not let it boil otherwise it will reduce..
- Add rice to the onion mixture and cook for a minute. Coating it in the oil. Add the wine and cook for a couple of minutes until the wine has been absorbed by the rice..
- Add a ladleful of hot broth to the rice, stir constantly (use a wooden spoon) and continually adding broth 1 ladleful at a time, waiting for the rice to soak it all up before adding the next ladleful. Season with salt and pepper.Continue until the rice is about 5 minutes away from being cooked..
- When the rice is just about done, another ladleful of stock and the chopped sage, once the rice is fully cooked turn the heat off. (The consistency should be creamy and loose not stiff and dry.) With the heat off, add the butter and a good amount of parmiggiano reggiano. Taste for seasoning and enjoy!.