Stuffed_grape_leaves_with_rice_and_meat. Dolmathakia me Kima: Stuffed Grape Leaves With Meat and Rice. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.) These bundles of meat and rice wrapped in rolled grape leaves are a favorite dish in Greece. the grape leaves in a bowl and pure hot water. The BEST Lebanese Stuffed Grape Leaves with MEAT Everything You Need to Know to Cook it Like a PRO.
The Lebanese and the Egyptian use beef. In Turkey and Iran their basis is more rice than meat. I've also seen versions with raisins, walnuts, pine nuts. You can have Stuffed_grape_leaves_with_rice_and_meat using 13 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed_grape_leaves_with_rice_and_meat
- Prepare of Rice filling ingredients:.
- You need 3 cups of egyptian rice.
- You need 500 grams of minced meat.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of 7 spices.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Boiling grape leaves:.
- Prepare 1 kg of grape leaves pressed.
- You need of Ingredients, needed to cook the stuffed grape leaves:.
- You need 2 of kgs of lamb boned meat (Lamb Neck, lamb rack, meat slices,…
- Prepare 500 g of lamb sliced Leah.
- You need 2 cups of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tablespoon of salt.
- You need of suitable quantity of water to cover the whole stuffed wrapped.
Thoroughly rinse and drain the grape leaves and set aside. Prepare a dutch oven by placing several grape leaves on the bottom to form a layer. A classic Greek recipe, Stuffed Grape Leaves with Meat and Rice (Dolmades) are a delicious appetizer. Ground turkey, spearmint, dill, and onion, rolled.
Stuffed_grape_leaves_with_rice_and_meat step by step
- Filling preparation: wash and drain the rice very well..
- Add the minced meat, 7 spices and salt..
- Mix ingredients well, until all has combined.
- Boiling Grape leaves:soak grape leaves in a wide container, for no less than 5 hours, changing the water continuously, to rinse off extra salt..
- Wrapping grape leaves: place grape leaves on a soft surface (tray,plate etc) add a suitable quantity of rice filling in the centre of the leaf.
- Pinch or trim off any long or tough stems. Fold bottom sections of leaf over mixture, fold over sides, and roll toward the top of the leaf into a firm cylinder..
- Repeat with the remaining grape leaves and filling..
- Cooking preparation: Wash meat, Leah, bones then bring to boil to get rid of extra fats and foam..
- Wash meat again.
- In a wide pot, put the meat first, add a pinch of 7 spices and salt..
- Layer the grape leaves in a row around the pot, in a presentable order..
- Add salt and lemon juice..
- Cover with water. Place a heavy weight on top and cover the pot..
- Put on medium heat till boiling..
- When boiled, lower the heat and leave for no less than 12 hours, check continuously the quantity of water..
- Before turning off the stove, take off the cover and the heavy weight. Allow the grape leaves to toast a little..
- Turn the pot of grape leaves in an appropriate dish. Serve hot..
- Chefs tip: If grape leaves are fresh, cook for 7 hours..
- By: Bara'a Choughari.
Rolled, stuffed grapeleaves with meat and rice. In this recipe the natural meat and grape leaves flavor are really the stars, which are complimented by the other flavors. I can see why you might use more rice and onion if you are adding more meat or other strong flavors like tomato sauce. Snip fresh grape leaves off the vine and try and find medium sized ones, about the size of your palm. Do you stuff it with meat or keep it vegetarian?