Stuffed zucchini and eggplant in tomato sauce.
You can have Stuffed zucchini and eggplant in tomato sauce using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed zucchini and eggplant in tomato sauce
- You need 1 kilogram of zucchini medium size.
- Prepare 500 grams of eggplant small size.
- It’s of Filling.
- It’s 300 grams of minced meat.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Egyptian rice.
- You need 1 tbs of margarine.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of spices(7spices).
- It’s of Sauce.
- Prepare 1 liter of crushed tomatos.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of spices (7spices).
- It’s 4 cups of water.
Stuffed zucchini and eggplant in tomato sauce step by step
- Cut off the zucchini stalks, then slice off the dried tips at bothends.
- Cut off the eggplant stalks.
- Carrefully hollow out the zucchini and eggplant.
- From the stalk end using the manakra tool, keep hollowing until you have a generous cavity.
- Wash the zucchini and eggplant.
- Wash and rince the egyptian rice, soak in water for 30 minutes, drain, then add the minced meat, salt, 7 spices and mix all together very well.
- Fill the zucchini and eggplant with prepared stuffing to the half, test with your finger to make sure of the quantity.
- Sauce preparation: in a pot, pour the crushed tomato with water, cook until it comes to a boil, then add salt, 7 spices, zucchini and eggplants.
- Cover the pot, leave aside till it boils again.
- Take off the cover and cook on medium heat till its well done.
- Estimated time is 15 to 30 minutes.
- Note: Eggplant may be fully cooked before zucchini. Check eggplant every once in a while, when well done, remove it from the pot and leave the zucchini untill it is well cooked..
- Served hot.
- Made by: Fatima Adra.