Efo riro. How to cook efo riro soup Efo Riro is a rich vegetable soup that is native to the Yorubas of Western Nigeria. The vegetables that can be used to cook this soup are Efo Shoko or Efo Tete (Green Amaranth).
It requires quite a number of ingredients but little work from the cook putting it all together. You know that "efo" situation where the efo sits on one side of the bowl and the water migrates to the other side? that isn't efo riro, If efo riro is made right, you shouldn't have that situation. Efo Riro needs no introduction as it's one of the most popular vegetable soups in Nigeria and an absolute favourite of the Yorubas. You can cook Efo riro using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Efo riro
- Prepare of Green leaf(efo tete).
- It’s of Pepper,tomatoes,onion,crayfish.
- You need of Locusts bean(iru).
- It’s of Palm oil.
- You need of Dry fish,ponmo,.
- You need of Beef or any protein of ur choice.
- You need of Know chicken cube,salt.
A major rule is; using tomatoes for Efo Riro is an absolute No No! Riro literally means "to mix" – so efo riro literally translates to a "mixed spinach" (sounds like every Delicious Nigerian spinach stew with complex African flavors. This vegan efo riro uses mushrooms. Efo Riro is a very popular Yoruba soup in Nigeria, it is one of my favorite Nigerian soups because of its health benefits.
Efo riro step by step
- Pick ur green wash slice in a bowl add salt and warm water for 2min then drain the water and set aside.
- Wash ur meat add onion and knorr cube and cook till tender, pound ur pepper and crayfish, slice tomatoes and onion set aside, wash ur dry fish and locusts bean.
- In a pot add ur oil heat up for 3min and add onion allow for a min and add the sliced tomatoes and pounded pepper fry for a while and add ur locusts bean, dry fish and stir allow to cook for 6min and correct ur seasoning then add ur green allow to simmer for 2min then serve with any swallow of ur choice or rice, yam.
See recipes for Efo riro soup with semo, Miyar efo riro, Efo-riro too. Efo riro is a Yoruba vegetable soup from Nigeria. Efo riro can be cooked with a variety of meats, including both red meats (e.g. beef and goat) and seafood (commonly. Efo Riro is a delicious stew of meat and greens native to the Yorubas of Nigeria , one of the largest ethnic groups in Africa. Today I made Efo Riro which is one of my favorite vegetable soups. "Efo riro" is a Yoruba word which simply means "Vegetable soup" and it's enjoyed by many.