Soft butternut chapatis.
You can cook Soft butternut chapatis using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Soft butternut chapatis
- It’s of All-purpose flour.
- Prepare of Chopped butternut.
- You need of Coconut milk.
- You need of Cooking oil.
- You need of Salt to taste.
- It’s Dash of black pepper.
Soft butternut chapatis instructions
- Peel and chop the butternut.
- Boil the butternut till soft.
- Meanwhile break the coconut and either grind using a mbuzi or blend with some warm water to make coconut milk. Sieve or put in muslin cloth and squeeze to obtain the milk.
- Drain excess water and mash the butternut.
- Now in a clean mixing bowl, mix flour, salt, blackpepper and rub in a little Vegetable oil or margarine to make a sandy texture.
- Now add the mashed butternut and warm coconut milk and knead to a firm consistency… Add kidogo oil and knead. Then cover and let it rest for about 20 minutes.
- Roll out, apply little oil and sprinkle some little flour. Cut into strips and make coils.
- Heat the pan, meanwhile roll out the coiled dough into circles.
- Fry your chapatis, turning them to cook evenly. Serve with liver or any stew of your choice..