Blueberry muffins. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Blueberry muffins with the hearty flavor of cornmeal. I'm happy to share my recipe with you.
In another bowl, combine butter, egg, and milk and mix well. Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and with a spatula, stir until just combined. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. You can have Blueberry muffins using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Blueberry muffins
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 125 g of soft brown sugar.
- You need 100 g of caster sugar.
- It’s 500 ml of milk.
- You need 125 ml of sunflower oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 300 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- It’s 160 g of wholemeal flour.
- Prepare 25 g of bran.
In a small bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. These blueberry muffins are quick and easy with a moist and tender center bursting with blueberries and perfectly golden brown top. They are extra easy to make, too. For another spin on these muffins, try our lemon blueberry muffins recipe.
Blueberry muffins step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Whisk the eggs and sugars with the vanilla extract, milk and oil. Mix well..
- Sift the plain flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda then add the wholemeal flour and bran and stir into the wet ingredients..
- This batter will make 30 muffins but you can make 10 at a time by using just 400ml of this batter and adding your chosen fruit. I have used 3oz of blueberries here. Just add them to the batter before filling the muffin cases 3/4 full..
- Bake for 15 – 20 mins until golden brown. Insert a skewer into the centre of a muffin and if it comes out clean they are ready. The rest of the batter can be kept in the fridge for up to 30 days in an airtight container or can be frozen..
More from Inspired Taste Blueberry muffins are a breakfast staple in most homes. This recipe from "Martha's Entertaining" features two options to finish: make a crumb topping, or sprinkle granulated sugar and freshly grated mace over the batter just before baking. Fold in the remaining whole berries. Since the muffins are full of juicy blueberries, they stay moist for days. The flip side of this is that they tend to get a little soggy.