Chapati Roll /Kati roll (with White Chana):.
You can cook Chapati Roll /Kati roll (with White Chana): using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chapati Roll /Kati roll (with White Chana):
- Prepare 6-8 of Ready Rotis (sweet potato roti or plain roti).
- It’s For of filling:.
- Prepare 1 cup of White chick peas/Kabuli chana.
- Prepare 1 of chopped Onion.
- It’s 1 of Chopped Tomato.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cumin powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Garam masala.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Coconut milk powder (I use Maggi coconut milk powder).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare as per taste of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s For of topping:.
- You need 1/2 of Chopped Onion.
- It’s as required of Coriander leaves- chopped.
- Prepare pinch of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 of Lemon.
Chapati Roll /Kati roll (with White Chana): instructions
- Soak Chana at night or 7 to 8 hours. Cook with salt and required amount of water. Drain and keep aside. Now to prepare the stuffing: Take one tawa and put 2 tsp of oil, cumin and chopped onion. Sauté till it is done. Sprinkle little turmeric, add ginger garlic paste, fry till raw smell disappears..
- Now add tomato, and all the powders (red chilli, garam masala, cumin, salt), add cooked chana, coconut milk powder and sprinkle water (2 to 3 tbsps.) Mash a little and when it starts boiling and masala coats well, remove from the flame..
- How to assemble: Mix all the ingredients from the Topping together (onion, chopped coriander leaves, salt, lemon juice) and keep the mixture aside..
- I normally make little bigger, elongated roti’s (not round) for rolls. When Roti, Filling mixture, everything becomes cool, take one aluminium foil and keep one roti over it. Spread the prepared chana at one end, sprinkle onion topping..
- Now comes the folding part. You can roll in two methods. One method is, Fold at each end of the roti, then roll like a mat.In this way, roll is automatically sealed by itself and here you can avoid usage of an Aluminum foil and can carry directly in a tiffin box..
- One is straight away, roll and both the ends can be sealed by folding aluminium foil…