Sheik's traditional Syrian Meat Pies (Sfeeha).
You can have Sheik's traditional Syrian Meat Pies (Sfeeha) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sheik's traditional Syrian Meat Pies (Sfeeha)
- You need 7 cans of Pillsbury Grands Butter Tastin' (8 per can).
- You need 2 of lbs. ground beef (80% lean).
- It’s 32 oz. of plain yogurt.
- You need 10 oz. of pomegranate molasses.
- You need 1 tbsp. of sea salt.
- You need 1 tsp. of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- It’s of Butter.
- It’s of Pine nuts.
Sheik's traditional Syrian Meat Pies (Sfeeha) instructions
- Chop sweet onions finely. Use a food processor. So much easier..
- In a large mixing bowl mix ground beef, yogurt, pomegranate molasses, onions, sea salt, black pepper and lemon juice thoroughly..
- Grease a half sheet bakers pan with melted butter. Flatten 6 dough circles on the pan to about 6"diameter. Create a border around the dough to hold the mixture in place during cooking and for aesthetics. Do this by folding up a 1/4 bead of the dough around the edges, pinching it as you go to form a"braid.".
- Spoon and spread the meat mixture ensuring that all the dough is covered up to the border. Finish by sprinkling pine nuts on the top..
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Cook pies for about 10-15 minutes until dough bottom and edges are golden brown..