Butternut Chilli Soup.
You can cook Butternut Chilli Soup using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butternut Chilli Soup
- It’s of for the soup.
- Prepare 5 of baby butternuts (about 5 cups – steamed and roughly mashed).
- You need 1 of small onion finely chopped.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of garlic butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh cream.
- You need 1 can of coconut cream (discard liquid).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of corriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- You need of salt and freshly ground black peppercorns.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of mixed herbs.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of grated coconut.
- Prepare 1 of medium tomato grated and microwaved for a minute.
- Prepare of for the topping.
- You need of chopped spring onion.
- Prepare slices of toasted almond.
Butternut Chilli Soup step by step
- Heat olive oil and garlic butter in a saucepan until butter melts..
- Add finely chopped onion and saute until tender..
- Mix in roughly mashed butternut and then grated tomato..
- Add in cream and coconut cream and mix well..
- Season with salt, pepper, mixed herbs, corriander powder, chilli powder, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add coconut. Stir..
- Allow to cook for about 5 – 7 minutes then remove from heat and allow to cool..
- Blend until smooth. Reheat – I added about 1/4 cup of water to thin slightly. A bit more can be added if you prefer a thinner consistency..
- To serve top off with some toasted almonds and chopped spring onion..