Bejewelled Blueberry Surprise Muffins. Add powdered sugar and whip until fluffy. Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon and butter with a fork. Spoon about two to three tablespoons of batter into each cup, spreading with a spoon to cover the entire bottom of each liner.
Add the whey powder, baking powder, Splenda, cinnamon, lemon rind, and orange rind. Place a cube of cream cheese in the center of each. Fill the tins with the remaining batter, making certain that the batter goes completely and around the cubes of cream cheese. You can have Bejewelled Blueberry Surprise Muffins using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bejewelled Blueberry Surprise Muffins
- You need 1.5 cups of plain flour.
- Prepare 0.5 cups of ground almonds.
- You need 1.33 cups of caster sugar.
- It’s 4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need of 1 egg.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 4 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Toppings – we chose 1/4 cup white choc chips, 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds and 1/4 cup chopped blueberries.
Top each muffin cup with the remaining half of the batter, evenly distributing it among the twelve muffin cups. Put the muffin tin on a wire rack. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners. Now, here is the surprise – drop a teaspoon of jelly into the center of each muffin.
Bejewelled Blueberry Surprise Muffins step by step
- Sieve the flour, ground almonds and baking powder twice into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and then pour in the milk and oil.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet.
- With a fork, beat lightly in circular motions starting from the middle and working outwards.
- Your batter should be very thick and lumpy, so it drops off the spoon. Add milk if too dry and flour if too wet.
- Mix in ingredients of your choice (we used white chocolate, pomegranate seeds and blueberries).
- Fill your muffin cups about two thirds and bake for about twenty minutes or until golden brown at 190 degrees celsius.
When the muffins are baked there will be a jelly surprise in the middle. Muffins are my favorite because they're easy to make, delicious to eat, and the flavors are endless- just like scones! Everyone appreciates a fresh batch of muffins and, best of all, muffins double as breakfast and snack. But when it comes to muffin varieties, blueberry muffins with streusel topping hold the crown. These extra large muffins are bursting with plenty of blueberries, have soft and moist centers, and big muffin tops.