Palak paneer. Palak paneer recipe – Palak is the Hindi word for spinach and paneer is Indian cottage cheese. So this dish is nothing but Indian cottage cheese simmered in a smooth creamy & delicious spinach gravy. Saag paneer and palak paneer are often considered the same dish, but they are not.
Palak (Spinach) Paneer Recipe by Manjula. Palak Paneer Punjabi traditional recipe video. Indian Cheese in Spinach Gravy by Chawla's kitchen. You can cook Palak paneer using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Palak paneer
- It’s 1 of medium bunch of spinach.
- You need 1 of medium onion puree.
- It’s 1 of large tomato puree.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of methi daana.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of haldi.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of paneer cubes.
- You need 1/4 cup of cream.
Palak Paneer is one of the most popular paneer dishes. Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) is cooked with spinach and spices in this creamy and flavorful curry. Palak paneer is one of the most popular dishes in Indian restaurants worldwide and is commonly served in buffets. This Indian dish is made with spinach, paneer (an acid-set, young cheese).
Palak paneer step by step
- In a pot add adequate amount of water and bring it to boil.
- Add to it chopped spinach and cook for 5 minutes.
- Strain the water and grind the boiled spinach leaves into a thick paste..
- In a separate pot add oil and crackle methi dana and cumin seeds in it..
- Add ginger garlic paste and onion puree to it..
- Cook until onion changes colour and add tomato puree..
- Add all the spices and a little amount of water. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Now cover and cook for another 5 minutes until oil separates. You can add more water if needed.
- Now add spinach paste to it and cook for another 10 minutes..
- Add cream to it and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Now put paneer cubes in it and mix well.
- Serve hot..
Palak Paneer is a popular vegetarian delicacy made of spinach and paneer (a non melting Indian cheese) cooked in a saucy tomato and onion gravy with aromatic Indian spices. Palak paneer is a versatile, yummy and extremely easy to make. And the best part, you don't even need lots of spice ingredients to make it. If you have been looking for such a easy palak paneer. Easy Palak Paneer. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.