Potatoes pancakes (zemiakové placky). They are made out of potato dough just like lokshe, but are made out of uncooked potatoes and are fried in oil. Potatoes pancakes (zemiakové placky) Miloslav Kriško Slovakia. Instructions: Drain the potato and onion as much as possible in a cheese cloth, by squeezing them.
Make sure it's very hot before you put in the. Zemiakové Placky can be translated to "potato pancakes" and is a staple food of the traditional Slovak diet. These are often given to schoolchildren as an after-school snack, but they are also served as a side dish or an accompaniment to soup. You can have Potatoes pancakes (zemiakové placky) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potatoes pancakes (zemiakové placky)
- You need 10 of bigger potatoes.
- It’s 3-4 tablespoons of soft flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 3-4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of papper.
- Prepare of thyme.
- You need of sunflower oil.
Here is how you cook it. Potatoes pancakes (zemiakové placky) Miloslav Kriško Slovakia. Instructions Peel the potatoes and grate them immediately with a medium grater. Pour them into a strainer and let them drain well by placing a weight on top.
Potatoes pancakes (zemiakové placky) instructions
- Prepare ingredients..
- Peel potatoes and shred them..
- Add all other ingredients and mix it. Then let it stay for 15 minutes and mix it again..
- Pour oil on the pan and heat it. Place 2 scoops of the mixture on the pan and make pancake shape. Once it is golden brown turn it..
- Taste the first one and if needed add more spices to the mixture. The taste should be little bit spicy. Eat it fresh and warm..
In a large salad bowl, combine the grated potatoes with garlic, eggs, flour, salt, pepper and marjoram. Recipe – Zemiakové Placky (Slovakian Potato Pancake) Post Comment. You need hot oil to make these pancakes fry to a nice looking color (and cook faster). Fry one side until the open side looks dry and then flip. Make sure to line your plate or tray with paper towels to soak up any excess oil on the pancakes once you take them out of the pan.