Efo Rio-style Simmered Chicken and Tomatoes.
You can have Efo Rio-style Simmered Chicken and Tomatoes using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Efo Rio-style Simmered Chicken and Tomatoes
- It’s 2 of Chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1 of Cake flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s 1 dash of Pepper.
- You need 1 of Couscous, penne, etc (to taste).
- It’s of Tomato Sauce.
- You need 300 ml of Tomato purée.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Red wine (or sake).
- You need 1 tbsp of Oregano.
- It’s 1 of Bay leaf.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Pepper.
Efo Rio-style Simmered Chicken and Tomatoes step by step
- Cut the chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Coat in cake flour..
- Heat half of the olive oil in a frying pan and cook both sides of Step 1 until browned. Transfer to a shallow dish..
- Finely chop the garlic and chop the onions roughly. Sauté in the frying pan from Step 2 with the remaining olive oil..
- When the onions become translucent, add the [tomato sauce] ingredients and simmer over medium heat while mixing. Season with salt and pepper..
- Return the chicken from Step 3 to the pan from Step 4 and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and serve with couscous or penne..