French toast hot cross buns with plain yoghurt, Caramelized bananas and figs. Top with the banana and sugar glaze. Is desired, sprinkle with cinnamon before Add banana. Cook just enough to coat all sides with bubbling butter/sugar mixture, and carmelize slightly.
Spoon the caramelized bananas and sauce over your French Toast and enjoy! Cut hot cross buns in half horizontally and dip into mixture so it covers the entire bun, allowing the excess to drip off. Assemble by placing the hot cross buns on a board inside face up. You can cook French toast hot cross buns with plain yoghurt, Caramelized bananas and figs using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of French toast hot cross buns with plain yoghurt, Caramelized bananas and figs
- It’s 2 of free-range eggs.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of milk.
- It’s Pinch of cinnamon, plus extra to dust the final dish with.
- Prepare 2 of hot cross buns(preferably a day/two days old).
- It’s 1 of banana sliced.
- You need 4 of figs gently torn in half.
- It’s 1 handful of almonds to garnish.
- You need 2 tablespoons of plain yoghurt to serve.
- You need 1 of glug of olive oil.
Amazing vegan and gluten-free French toast! Made with almond milk, pureed banana, and chia seeds. Serve with easy caramelized bananas and maple Top with caramelized bananas for an extra-decadent breakfast. Typically, gluten-free bread leaves a lot to be desired, but this batter of almond.
French toast hot cross buns with plain yoghurt, Caramelized bananas and figs step by step
- In a frying pan, heat to medium- high heat, add the olive oil and bring to a light sizzle..
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and milk together, adding a pinch of cinnamon and the vanilla extract. Cut the hot cross buns in half and dip the both sides of the halves in the egg mixture..
- Add the egg dipped hot cross buns to the heated frying pan and cook for 2-5 minutes until golden brown and toasty..
- Add the sliced banana to the frying pan and caramelize..
- Serve fresh with the French toast hot cross buns, alongside the yoghurt, cinnamon to dust, the figs and almonds..
I can be caught in a trap with a fresh Hot Cross Bun or any French Toast for that matter. But this is super delicious with the figs, maple syrup and yogurt. Toss gently with your hands to ensure that the syrup has covered all the figs and nuts. The caramelized bananas are a real joy. I feel like I'm channeling my inner grandma when I tell you that they're nature's candy.