Beef and Cabbage Stew. In a Dutch oven, brown stew meat; drain. Meanwhile, dissolve bouillon cubes in water; add to beef. Stir in the onion, pepper and bay leaf.
In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion until meat is browned and onion is tender; drain. Add to Dutch oven with remaining beans and broth, tomatoes, cabbage and seasonings. Beef and cabbage stew is great comfort food. You can cook Beef and Cabbage Stew using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef and Cabbage Stew
- Prepare 750 g of Beef Short Rib.
- It’s 4 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 of onion chopped.
- It’s 1 of green pepper chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic chopped.
- You need 1 of chilli.
- You need 400 ml of chicken stock.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 0.5 of cabbage shredded.
- You need 4 of medium potatoes peeled and cut Into quarters.
- You need 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
Beef and cabbage stew is an easy recipe made in the crock pot or slow cooker and great for a busy weeknight meal or just anytime you want a delicious stew. If there is one vegetable my family loves, it is cabbage and we have it a lot in different dishes. Place a large pot over medium-high heat. Pour the vegetable oil into the hot pot.
Beef and Cabbage Stew instructions
- Cut the meat into pieces. Then in a large pot on high heat, brown the meat using the oil. You might have to do this in 2 batches. When done set the meat aside..
- In the same pot brown the onion, green pepper and chilli..
- Now put the meat back in and add the stock. Cook covered on a medium heat for 70 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Add water if needed, I didn't need to add water at this point. Please note that this is not a watery or saucy stew..
- Add the potatoes, cabbage and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 40 minutes, stirring every 4-6 minutes. Add some water if needed. I added 125ml of water. Turn up the heat by 1 for the last 5 minutes, remember to stir more often..
- Serve with rice..
Add the stew meat and spread into an even layer so that all of the pieces can brown. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Submit a Recipe Correction In a large Dutch oven or slow cooker place the beef cubes, onion, garlic and carrots. Top with sliced cabbage, tomato and parsley. In a small bowl combine the beef soup, salt, pepper, paprika, chili flakes and pickling spice.