Pumpkin Pie Angel Food Cake. This simple and moist Pumpkin Pie Angel Food Cake is topped with a creamy homemade cinnamon cream cheese frosting. But then top it with a creamy homemade cinnamon cream cheese frosting? Angel food cake is a low fat cake recipe made mostly from egg whites, cake flour, and sugar.
Here is how you cook it. It's of cinnamon cream cheese frosting. Angel food cake mixes with pumpkin for a new flavor twist. You can have Pumpkin Pie Angel Food Cake using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Pie Angel Food Cake
- It’s of cake.
- Prepare 1 box of angel food cake mix.
- You need 15 oz of can of pumpkin puree.
- It’s 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice.
- You need of cinnamon cream cheese frosting.
- You need 8 tbsp of unsalted butter – room temp..
- Prepare 6 oz of cream cheese – softened.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of powered sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
The pumpkin spice works in angel food cake because on its own angel food cake doesn't have a lot of flavor. I thought this was great served with a little whipped cream and a coffee. Pumpkin angel food cake is the BEST dessert. Start with box cake mix to create this shortcut cake recipe.
Pumpkin Pie Angel Food Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350º. In a large bowl whisk together angel food cake mix & the pumpkin pie spice. Then stir in the pumpkin. Pour into a greased 9×13" baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes. Or until edges are slightly brown. Springs back when touched. Cool completely..
- Fir the frosting: once cake has cooled .using a mixer cream . Cream cheese & butter until completely combined & fluffy. Add in vanilla. Slowly beat in powered sugar.then the cinnamon. Beat until fluffy.You can either frost the whole cake or pipe some on each piece. Refrigerate any leftovers..
The addition of canned pumpkin adds a fun flavor twist and extra moistness to this angel food cake. A light and airy angel food cake with a hint of warm spiced pumpkin all covered in a silky maple glaze. Fold the pumpkin mixture carefully into the angel food mix. (To fold, place the spatula on the side of the bowl and scoop down towards the bottom. Incredibly soft and fluffy pumpkin angel food cake. Gluten free and perfectly spiced, it's the perfect fall dessert to bring to a party!