Chocolate and Pumpkin Swirl Cake.
You can cook Chocolate and Pumpkin Swirl Cake using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate and Pumpkin Swirl Cake
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of Pumpkin puree.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of refined oil or butter.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of beetroot puree.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of Vanilla essence.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice powder.
Chocolate and Pumpkin Swirl Cake instructions
- Sieve the flour,baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Then separate the flour mixture in two different bowls in equal amounts and add half cup cocoa powder to one of them. Mix well and set aside..
- In a separate bowl add the oil or butter and sugar and whip till the butter is light and fluffy. Then add the eggs and whip till light yellow in colour. Then separate the mixture into two bowls..
- In one part of the mixture, add pumpkin puree, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, pumpkin pie spice powder, and combine well. Then add the plain flour mixture without Cocoa powder to it..
- In the second part add beetroot puree, vanilla essence and add the cocoa powder and flour mixture add combine lightly to avoid overmixing. The cake batter should not be runny or thin..
- In a greased tin, alternately pour the chocolate and pumpkin mixture. Then tap the tin to release any air bubbles. Then move a toothpick through it to create a swirl pattern..
- Bake the cake for 40 minutes or till a skewer inserted comes out clean..
- Serve with a cup hot coffee..