Slow Cooked Spanish Stew. Scrumptious Crock Pot Recipes To Make Any Meal A Success With Kraft®, Try Today! Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Transfer beef to a slow cooker, retaining some of the beef drippings in the skillet.
Add onions,garlic, turnips, potatoes, carrots and meat to the crockpot. Pour tomato broth over the meat and vegetables. Add thyme and parsley sprigs and mix through the stew. You can cook Slow Cooked Spanish Stew using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooked Spanish Stew
- You need of Serves: 2 people.
- You need 1 of large chicken breast, or 4 thighs, cut into bite size pieces,.
- It’s 60 g of chopped chorizo (optional),.
- It’s 260 g of chopped baby potatoes,.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped,.
- You need 1 of carrot, finely chopped,.
- Prepare 60 g of chickpeas, drained,.
- It’s 200 g of tinned chopped tomatoes,.
- You need 50 g of baby leaf spinach,.
- Prepare 140 g of chopped vine tomatoes,.
- You need 1 of sliced red bell pepper, seeds removed,.
- It’s 1 of sliced medium red onion,.
- Prepare 1 handful of small green pitted olives, (about 60g),.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cumin,.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon,.
- You need 2 tsp of smoked paprika,.
- You need 2 tsp of dried Thyme,.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to season,.
- You need of Around 400-500ml water,.
- You need 1 of reduced salt chicken stock cube,.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato pureé paste,.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar,.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
Super tender fall-off-the-bone oxtail in a delicious flavourful stew, prepared in a slow cooker. Simple steps and you'll be serving an amazing oxtail stew. Put the onion in the slow cooker. Top with the browned pork, cubed potatoes, and bell pepper.
Slow Cooked Spanish Stew step by step
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a high heat. Once warmed add the chicken pieces and brown off a little. Add the paprika, cumin and cinnamon. Stir so it coats the chicken. Add the chorizo, celery, onions, carrot, potatoes and tomatoes. Fry gently for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add around 200ml of water. Turn the heat down and bring to a simmer..
- Add the drained chickpeas, tinned tomatoes, chicken stock cube and dried Thyme. Stir to combine all the ingredients. Allow to simmer for around 10-15 minutes with a lid on..
- Next add in the bell pepper and the tomato paste plus the sugar. Stir once more to combine. Add a little more water as the sauce reduces and thickens. Simmer on a very low heat with the lid on for around 2 hours, ensuring it doesn't reduce too much. Simply add a little bit of water if you feel it needs to be less thick..
- At the end add in the olives and spinach and season with a couple more cracks of black pepper. Allow the spinach to gently wilt down. Stir the stew again to incorporate everything together..
- Serve up after around another 40-60 mins of gentle simmering. This stew is amazing on its own or served up with some buttered crusty bread on the side for dunking. Enjoy! :).
In a bowl, combine the tomatoes with the vinegar, garlic, chicken broth, and bay leaf. Turn off the cooker and open the lid. Stir cooked chicken stew well before serving. Slow Cooker Spanish Beef Stew Follow instructions to brown beef chuck and sauté sofrito (onions, carrots, bell pepper, garlic) separately. Add chuck roast and sofrito to slow cooker after they are prepared.