You can cook Ugali cake using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ugali cake
- It’s 1 cup of ugali flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of cooking oil.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon rind.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 1 cup of orange juice.
Ugali cake instructions
- Preheat oven at 160degrees.
- Grease baking tin and put it in freezer until your batter is ready to be poured in (frozen tin helps in levelizing your cake for a flat top).
- Thoroughly mix cooking oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla essence..
- Mix all purpose flour with baking powder and sieve two times then fold into the eggs mixture..
- Sieve the ugali flour and fold into the all purpose flour batter alternating with orange juice in bits until you achieve the right batter consistency for a cake. Then fold in the lemon rind..
- Remove baking tin from the freezer and pour the batter in then bake for 45minutes or until a skewer comes out clean..