Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of green living that many folks appreciate. Even with the fast pace of our modern world, you can accomplish this. We must go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before it needs treating. Regrettably, majority of people don’t concern themselves about their health as they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. Wherever you look, you hear about some magic pill that will straightaway fix your latest problem. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make a few needed changes in your life. When your body quites functioning properly, you cannot get a healthy body. You should look after yourself while you have the ability to do so. Your body has to have the right nutrients to function at its optimum levels.
Do you eat because food is available and you love the taste or do you go for healthy foods? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food joints? Since people opt to consume things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are found. The foods we are ingesting are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. People are becoming more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Healthy food is now found at local grocery and health food shops.
Today, you can find an organic food section in nearly all grocery stores. There you will be able to get what science has named superfoods. “Superfoods” refers to 14 foods that have been discovered to slow down or reverse some maladies. By eating these superfoods, your body will become healthier. As you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will observe an astonishing increase in how much better you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will help it to work optimally. This in turn will help your immune system to combat disease more efficiently.
Make sure you integrate these superfoods into your diet every day. Why not add several beans or blueberries? Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Don’t forget whole food grains and nuts. In addition, you may wish to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By eating these superfoods daily, you should get rid of any weight problems.
Green living gives you a solid eating plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body can potentially be free of disease. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits now.
Jimbo's Gumbo is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Jimbo's Gumbo is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have jimbo's gumbo using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Jimbo's Gumbo:
- Take 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Prepare 4 links andouille sausage
- Make ready About 25 shrimp (pre cooked, frozen, no tail)
- Get 2 qt carton beef stock
- Get Olive oil
- Get Worcestershire sauce
- Take Water
- Take 1 can diced tomatoes
- Get 1/2 large white onion, diced
- Take 1 green pepper, diced
- Take 3 garlic cloves
- Take 3-5 stalks celery
- Get Cajun seasoning
- Get File powder (ground sassafras)
- Prepare Paprika
- Make ready Salt/pepper
- Get Fresh parsley
- Prepare Fresh basil
- Make ready Garlic and herb instant potato flakes
- Make ready White rice
Instructions to make Jimbo's Gumbo:
- In crock pot, add half can of beer, 1 cup water, about 1 cup of beef stock and a few sprinkles of dried basil leaves. Set to high. - Preheat a large sauté pan with a bit of oil and Worcestershire sauce. Enough to cover the bottom of the pan. - Cover chicken breasts with Cajun seasoning, both sides, and put in pan. Cut sausage links lengthwise and add to pan. - Cook chicken for about 5 minutes each side, just to get a sear. Sausage will cook faster so only a couple minutes each side. - Remove to a plate and let sit for a couple minutes. - Put pan to the side, we're not done with it yet. - - Chop chicken into cubes or chunks (don't worry, it's supposed to be undercooked at this point) - Cut sausage into about 3/4 inch pieces - Add to crock pot with a few more shakes of Cajun seasoning. Be sure the liquid just comes to the top of meat pieces. If there's not enough add more water. Let cook for approx. 2 hours.
- After you get the meat in the crock pot put your frozen shrimp in a large bowl. Make a marinade for the shrimp out of whatever you have laying around. I dug through the fridge and used a bit of steak marinade, balsamic vinegar, lime juice, Italian dressing Frank's red hot sauce and olive oil. Add to the frozen shrimp and cover all shrimp in marinade. Sprinkle with paprika. That's gonna sit at room temp almost till the end.
- After the meat is in the crock for the 2 hours dice your veggies. Preheat the pan we used for the meat, with the leftover oil, add a bit more oil, a pat of butter and Worcestershire sauce. - Sauté the diced veggies ,except for the celery, until onions are slightly translucent. A couple minutes at most. There still going to cook in the crock so we don't want to cook em to death and get mushy. This is just to bring out some flavors.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer sautéed veggies to crock, draining as much oil as possible. Set pan to the side again. - Add the chopped celery and can of tomatoes, drained, to crock. - Chop the fresh basil/parsley and add to crock. - Add about 2 tsp of file powder. - Add the rest of the beef stock. - Set crock to low.
- Now we make the roux. That's just a fancy term for a thickening agent. - - Now this is where I made one of my mistakes before going to N.O. I always made a LOT of roux. I went more for a stew consistency. While at Mardi Gras I don't think I ate one batch of gumbo that was thick like beef stew. They were all closer to a soup consistency. So now the roux for me is more of a flavor enhancer than a thickener. - - So in that pan that we have all the delicious leftover juices from our meat and veggies, we will make the roux. - Set to medium low heat. The worst thing you can do is burn it. Add another pat of butter and water till you have about 1 1/2- 2 cups worth of liquid. - Add salt and pepper and another 2 tsp file powder.
- Add the potato flakes slowly, stirring constantly. (This is another method I use that I like. Most recipes call for flour, not instant potato flakes. It's just a little easier to work with and tastes better in my opinion) - - The roux will be thin and liquidy at first. Add the flakes till it's about the consistency of runny grits. Continue to stir constantly. It will thicken and turn darker the more you cook it. About 7-10 minutes of stirring and it should be nice and thick and the color of peanut butter. It also should've reduced to about 3/4 cup of liquid give or take. - Add that straight to the crock. Stir everything together well.
- Let all that sit in the crock on low for about 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. - About 30 minutes before its done, add the shrimp that have been marinating, to the crock. Stir well. - - Serve in deep bowls with a spoonful of white rice right in the middle. Yum!
So you see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are terrible for you to feel better! Try a few of these instead!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food jimbo's gumbo recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!