Mkate wa sinia. In this video, we show you an Easy Mkate Wa Sinia Recipe which is a Baked Coconut Rice Cake Bread. Mkate wa Sinia is also known as Mkate Wa Kuminina or. Mkate wa Sinia: Any time is tea time with this fluffy and spongy rice cake.
Tui Known in East Africa as 'mkate wa sinia', this delicious sweet rice bread is a real treat! Makati Or Mkate Wa Sinia Kumimina Or Rice Cake Mumtaz Hasham. Namna Ya Kupika Mkate Wa Ndizi How To Make Banana Bread. You can cook Mkate wa sinia using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mkate wa sinia
- It’s 1 cup of rise soaked overnight.
- You need 1 cup of coconut milk.
- You need 1 tsp of active dry yeast.
- You need 1 tsp of cardamom.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar.
Mkate Wa Sinia Kumimina In Kiswahili. Mkate Wa Mchele Wa Kumimina Rice Cake. Mkate wa sinia – rice bread. Drain the rice and place the rice in a blender along with all the remaining ingredients.
Mkate wa sinia step by step
- Prepare your baking tin and set aside.
- Pour all your other ingredients into your blender. Blend everything until smooth.
- Transfer your mix to a medium size bowl, cover and place it in a warm place to proof for 1 1/2 hours.
- After proofing, mix your mixture to remove the air using a spoon or spatula then transfer it to your baking tin.
- In your preheated oven, bake at 240C for the first 5 minutes then lower to 180C and bake for 35 minutes. Let it cool and serve with a cup of tea.
- Disclaimer : first attempt my not be a success especially when using a recipe that goes for using cooker instead of oven but don’t give up😊.
Rice cake full of tropical flavours from fresh coconut and the spicy aromatic scent of cardamom. "Mkate wa sinia" is Swahili that is literally translated to "bread of the platter". This is a rice bread/cake that is normally used as a snack or kitafunio (something you eat while drinking tea. This rice cake, also known as Mkate Kumimina, is very popular in Kenya for breakfast or as a side dish. Rice Cake (Mkate wa Maashara) by Abdullahi Kassim. East african rice cake bread mkate wa sinia by Bismi Kitchen.