Cod tacos. Directions In a medium shallow bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, paprika, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne. Add cod, tossing until evenly coated. You will combine oil, lemon juice, paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin, and salt.
This recipe for cod fish tacos is seasoned white fish layered with corn cabbage slaw, a creamy sauce, avocado slices and a squeeze of fresh lime; all tucked inside warm corn tortillas. It's a crowd-pleasing meal that's quick, easy, and packed with flavor! Beer battered cod are the star of these fresh and tasty fish tacos, served in corn tortillas with shredded cabbage and a zesty white sauce. You can cook Cod tacos using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cod tacos
- It’s 1 kg of cod cut into strips.
- You need 250-300 g of flour.
- It’s 4 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 4 tsp of ground peper.
- You need 360 ml of beer.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s 15-20 of flour or corn home made tortillas.
- It’s of Fittings.
- It’s 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 2 tbsp of sriracha sauce.
- You need 1 of small cabbage, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of red onion shredded.
- You need 1 handful of chopped coriander.
- It’s 1 of avocado, sliced.
- It’s 2 of limes cut into wedges.
Combine the fish with the lime zest and juice, pimenton, garlic, oil and salt, to taste, in a medium bowl. This can be done a day ahead, covered and refrigerated. Tonight's bright, exciting dinner is fish tacos—a favorite of Baja California. We're wrapping corn tortillas around pan-fried cod, alongside creamy avocado, crisp radish and a delicious element that fish tacos picked up along the California coast: crunchy cabbage slaw.
Cod tacos instructions
- Put the flour, paprika, pepper and salt in a bowl. Transfer half of the mixture to a plate and reserve. Add the egg and beer to the the first bowl and mix until you get a smooth dough. Reserve..
- Shred the onion and put it in a bowl with water, so that its sharpness is lower. Also shred the cabbage, and cut the avocado into slices. Combine the mayonnaise with the the sriracha sauce and remove until the mixture is homogeneous. Cut the lime into wedges and chop the coriander. Reserve all until the end, when you prepare the tacos..
- Heat the oil (make sure you put enough!) in a deep pot. Pass the fish strips through the prepared flour in a plate, transfer them to the bowl with the dough and mix to cover. Take one strip of fish at a time, drain it and roll again in the prepared flour plate to cover well..
- Put the fish strips to the hot oil. Turn as needed until golden brown on all sides (around 3 minutes). Transfer to a plate lined with paper napkins to drain the oil..
- For each taco. Top with cabbage, 1 strip of fish, prepared mayonnaise, onion, avocado and coriander Serve with lemon wedges.
Remove the cod from the marinade. Remove excess moisture with paper towels. Rub a thin layer of oil all over the cod. Cook the cod on the oil on the soapstone until browned. Cod fish tacos with easy cajun seasoned blackened cod, healthy avocado crema made with yogurt, and shredded cabbage.