Blueberry Cobbler. Place the blueberries into the baking dish, and mix with vanilla and lemon juice. Sprinkle the top with extra sugar. One of summer's sweetest gifts is a bounty of fresh fruit.
In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and milk. In a bowl combine berries, water and. Can serve plain or with ice cream on top. You can have Blueberry Cobbler using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blueberry Cobbler
- You need 1 cup of self rising flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 4 cups of fresh blueberries or thawed frozen blueberries.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1-1 1/2 cups of water.
- You need 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 teaspoon of lemon juice.
For the fruit: Place the blueberries in a large bowl and sprinkle in the sugar and lemon juice. Add the flour and stir to combine. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat. Blueberry cobbler is a warm and sweet dessert recipe that takes just a few minutes to prepare and will satisfy every dessert craving you have ever had; it's just that good!
Blueberry Cobbler instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt stick of butter in oven while its preheating..
- Add blueberries, lemon juice, 1/2 cup sugar and water in pan and bring to medium high heat. Stir and heat until sugar dissolves..
- If you like whole blueberries in cobbler you can just heat to dissolve sugar. If you like more juice, boil until berries soften. This doesnt take but a few minutes..
- In bowl mix flour, sugar, vanilla and milk. Stir until smooth and free of lumps..
- When butter has melted, pour the flour mixture over butter but do not stir..
- Spoon blueberry and juice over top again without stirring..
- I like mine with a lot of juice so i usually add most of the liquid. But if you prefer a more cakey cobbler use less juice..
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes checking after 20. Bake until golden brown and bubbly..
- Serve hot, warm or room temp. Great with vanilla ice cream..
This recipe is an adaptation of my very popular Peach Cobbler recipe and both recipes can be made with fresh or frozen fruit! Ingredients in Blueberry Cobbler: This Blueberry Cobbler is a quick, easy dessert, perfect for showcasing those summer blueberries! This scrumptious blueberry cobbler is made with fresh or frozen blueberries and a biscuit-like topping. The blueberry cobbler filling is lightly spiced with some ground cinnamon, and the biscuit-like topping is a snap to prepare with melted butter and milk. This simple slow-cooked dessert comes together in a jiffy.