You can cook Shrimp Etouffee using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp Etouffee
- You need of Wild caught Shrimp.
- It’s of Celery.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- You need of Red bell pepper.
- Prepare of Onion.
- You need of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of white pepper.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- It’s of green onion.
- Prepare of flour.
- Prepare of diced tomatoes.
- You need of salt.
- You need of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare of tobasco sauce.
- Prepare of parsley leaves.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- It’s of butter.
- Prepare of prepared white rice.
- Prepare of Clam juice.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- Prepare of shrimp stock (or chicken stock).
Shrimp Etouffee step by step
- First make the roux. Combine butter and flour and melt over medium heat. Stir for 10 to 15 minutes until it turns the color of peanut butter..
- Add celery, onions and bell peppers. Stir frequently for about 10 to 15 minutes until the vegetable soften..
- Add diced tomatoes and garlic, sir, cook for about 5 more minutes..
- Add pepper and salt and stir..
- Slowly add in stock and clam juice. Add lemon juice and bay leaves. Stir, bring to soft boil. Reduce heat to a simmer..
- Add Cajun seasoning, parsley and green onions. Simmer for 40 minutes stirring often..
- Meanwhile, in last 20-30 minutes cook rice..
- Add shrimp, cook 5-10 more minutes..
- Serve over rice (or mix rice sand étouffée in same pot). Enjoy!.