Apple Cobbler. Buy Groceries at Amazon & Save. This warm apple cobbler is topped with an easy biscuit recipe. This recipe is from The WEBB Cooks, articles and recipes by Robyn Webb, courtesy of the American Diabetes Association.
Cobbler gives you all the warm, cinnamony flavor of apple pie, but requires far less effort (bye-bye, time-consuming pie crusts). It's such a forgiving dessert, there's really no wrong way to do it. Apple cobbler is a classic apple dessert with a sweet apple filling tucked underneath a sweet biscuit- or cake-like topping. You can have Apple Cobbler using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple Cobbler
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare 5 each of Apple (mix of favorite) ( I use granny,yellow, gala).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar plus 3 tablespoon brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of Nutmeg.
- It’s 1 stick of Butter.
- Prepare of Topping.
- You need 3/4 cup of Flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 3 tsp of Baking Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of Milk.
- You need of Opt cinnamon sugar mix.
Rumour has it that cobblers got their name because their biscuit topping resembles a cobblestone street. Toss together apples and lemon juice in a large bowl. Treasured by my family, this easy recipe for apple cobbler is a delicious old-fashioned dessert. It travels well and slices nicely, so it's perfect for picnics or tailgate parties.
Apple Cobbler instructions
- Peel and chop apples.
- In a bowl mix cinnamon, nutmeg,sugar. Add chopped apples coat well set aside..
- Melt butter in a dish, I use a deep pie dish add apple mixture if any cinnamon mix left sprinkle over..
- In a bowl Mix flour,sugar, salt, baking powder together add milk. Pour over apple sprinkle top with optional cinnamon sugar mix.
- Bake 350 till top is golden.
- May need to add 2T flour/ corn starch to Apple mixture to thicken apples.
We like apples, but you can use your favorite fruit. —Rita Reifenstein, Evans City, Pennsylvania This old-fashioned Apple Cobbler is one of my FAVORITE fall desserts. It's made with fresh apples in a cinnamon sauce, with a delicious cake-like topping. We can't get enough of cobbler recipes at our house. Make the apple cobbler filling Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the chopped apples (and the lemon juice from the bowl), sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.