Pumpkin Whoopie Pies.
You can have Pumpkin Whoopie Pies using 18 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- You need 1 cup of shortening.
- You need 2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin.
- Prepare of filling.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 dash of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of shortening.
- It’s 2 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies step by step
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy..
- Add eggs, on at a time beating well after each addition..
- Beat in vanilla..
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger; add to creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin..
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls 2 in. Apart onto greased baking pans; flatten slightly with back of spoon..
- Bake at 400°F for 10-11 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool..
- For filling, in small saucepan, combine flour and salt..
- Gradually whisk in milk until smooth; bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat; cook and stir over medium heat 2 minutes or until thickened..
- Cover and refrigerate until completely cooled..
- In small bowl, beat shortening, confectioner's sugar and vanilla until smooth..
- Add chilled milk mixture; beat or 7 minutes or until light and fluffy..
- Spread on bottom half of cookies; top with remaining cookies..
- Store in the refrigerator..
- *note: yields 2 dozen (you may make the pies larger or smaller, and therefore change the serving amount).