Herb, Cheese, Nuts and Seed Scones. Herb, Cheese, Nuts and Seed Scones Gouda_Looking. Make the White Soda Bread with Herbs dough. Stamp into scones, brush with egg wash and dip into grated cheddar cheese.
These Easy Cheese and Herb Scones are a delicious savory recipe that the entire family will enjoy. They are made with a blend of fresh herbs and can be prepared quickly. A perfect accompaniment to soup or stew on a cold winter's night. You can have Herb, Cheese, Nuts and Seed Scones using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Herb, Cheese, Nuts and Seed Scones
- It’s of Scone.
- You need 250 g of Self-raising Flour.
- Prepare 60 g of Cold, Cubed Butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Chopped Sage.
- You need 1 tbsp of Chopped Rosemary.
- It’s 100 ml of Milk.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 30 g of Caster Sugar.
- You need 15 of Walnut Havles.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cracked Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 75 g of Grated Cheddar.
- You need of Topping.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Mixed Seeds.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
The scones are also a hit at a Sunday brunch or holiday breakfast. Steps showing how to make herb cheddar scones. These scones are a lot like the Cheese Muffins recipe that my mother-in-law gave me – you should try that recipe, too! Here is the recipe as I made it: Cheese-and-Herb Scones.
Herb, Cheese, Nuts and Seed Scones instructions
- Set the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Weight out all the ingredients..
- Next combine the flour, butter and herbs in a food processor and pulse until it resemble crumbs..
- Now add the rest of the ingredients and pulse till it comes together into a dough..
- Roughly separate the dough into 8 parts. Beat the remaining egg and brush it over the top of the scones. Sprinkle the mixed seeds over the top..
- Put the scones into the oven for 15-18 mins..
- Once golden brown on the top and bottom take them out and enjoy them fresh and warm..
In a large bowl, combine flour, parsley, sugar, thyme, baking powder, rosemary and salt; mix well. Cheddar Cheese and Chive Scones packed full of herbs for breakfast, mid day snack, or paired with dinner. Scones are basically the slightly dense yet soft cousin of the flaky biscuit. If you enjoy warm buttered bread with your morning tea or coffee, its time to swap out for a scone. I subbed a romano and asiago blend for the cheese and added some chopped fresh herbs along with the garlic.