Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie is a dessert pie with a spiced, pumpkin-based custard filling. The pumpkin is a symbol of harvest time, and pumpkin pie is generally eaten during the fall and early winter. In the United States and Canada, it is usually prepared for Thanksgiving, and other occasions when pumpkin is in season.
This pumpkin pie recipe is perfect for the holidays! You didn't think I would post a homemade pie crust tutorial and not share a few pie recipes with you, did you? Don't worry, I have one more pie recipe. You can cook Pumpkin pie using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin pie
- It’s 1 can of Pumpkin puree.
- It’s 3 of egg yolks.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 can of sweet condensed milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of fine salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of grated nutmeg.
- Prepare dash of ground allspice.
- Prepare 1 of 9 inch pie crust.
This pie is so easy to make but SO MUCH better than any store-bought version you'd find. I've included ALL my piue making tips and tricks in this video Lots of little adjustments you can easily make for a. These easy pumpkin pie recipes are perfect for Thanksgiving. You'll find pies with classic ingredients and fun additions like chocolate, pecans and more.
Pumpkin pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°F Fahrenheit (220 degrees C).
- Whisk together pumpkin puree, egg yolks and egg in a large bowl until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg and allspice; whisk until combined.
- Prick pie crust with a fork on bottom and sides and place in oven for a few minutes till hot.
- Pour filling into the pie shell and lightly tap on the work surface to release any air bubbles..
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes..
- Reduce heat to 350°F Fahrenheit (175 degrees C) and bake until just set in the middle, 30 to 40 more minutes. A paring knife inserted into the filling should come out clean. Allow to cool completely and enjoy!.
Bursting with flavor, this pumpkin pie recipe is my very favorite. It's rich, smooth, and tastes incredible on my homemade pie crust and served with whipped cream. A classic Pumpkin Pie with a soft, perfectly set filling, perfect amount of spicing, not too sweet and a bronzed surface that's crack free! Simple to make, it's perfect in every way. This easy pumpkin pie contains NO sweetened condensed milk and is the only pumpkin pie recipe you'll ever need!